UNICEF: The United Nations Children’s Fund works in over 190 countries saving children’s lives. We believe in a world where no children die from a preventable cause, and we aim to help children survive and thrive through the delivery of essential development programmes around the world. UNICEF is the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. Be a part of something special.
Reporting to: Deputy Executive Director
Job Purpose: The Finance assistant will work with the Deputy Executive Director to maintain accurate preparation, presentation and maintenance of the financial records and legislative compliance of the Organisation. The role will involve office management duties to ensure an effective working environment for everyone. As part of the overall team you will play a pivotal role in optimising UNICEF Ireland’s campaigns to ensure its ambitious income targets can be met and exceeded.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Day to day book-keeping including but not limited to bank reconciliations, transfer of funds to deposit accounts, maintaining petty cash, monitoring bank statements
- Preparing credit card reconciliations.
- Producing and distribution of sales invoices.
- Assist in production of monthly management accounts and accounts required for board meetings.
- Timely and accurate entry of purchases invoices, supplier statement reconciliations, purchase order matching and payment runs.
- Analysis of monthly management accounts against budget and variance analysis.
- Assisting the auditor during the annual audit and following up on any audit queries.
- Assisting in the Preparation of the annual budget with input from all stakeholders.
- Ensuring remittances to UNICEF programmes are undertaken on a timely basis and maintaining an accurate overview of remittances made/due.
- Produce reports required to UNICEF headquarters on a timely basis.
- Support other departments within UNICEF Ireland on financial support they may require.
- Run monthly reconciliation reports with Donor Care to ensure accuracy.
- Have an interest in and assist with GDPR compliance monitoring and review.
- Assist with review and update of policy documents.
- Filing of documents with governing bodies.
You may be asked to perform other duties which are not included above but which are relevant to your area of work. Due to technological advancement, regulatory changes and sectorial developments, the workplace will continue to change over time, with new systems being introduced as needed. Your duties will evolve over time as the needs of the organisation and the environment in which it is operating evolves.
The above list is not exhaustive; additional areas of responsibility may be added over time.
- Talent for communicating:
- Great attention to detail:
- Highly analytical:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills:
- Able to work on own initiative:
- Interest in IT and technological advancement:
- Good time management skills:
- Excellent organisational skills:
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software
- Experience in TAS an advantage
- Excel Expert level
- A passion for numbers:
- Positive and flexible working attitude:
- Enthusiasm and aptitude for the mission of UNICEF:
- IAIT Qualification an advantage
Or any other criteria which we deem to be appropriate for the role.
Please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 5.30pm Friday 25th January.