MyLegacy is an organisation that brings charities in Ireland together to raise awareness around the importance of making a Will.
This September during MyLegacy month, UNICEF is asking our supporters to consider including a legacy gift in support of vulnerable children in their Will. We have teamed up with two will-writing services to make it easier for you to write or update your Will. Read on to learn more.
Why write a will now?
Many put it on the long finger, not knowing where to start but it is a much more straightforward and cost effective process than you might think.
Making a Will gives you the peace of mind to know that you have remembered and provided for the people who are important to you and the charitable causes you are passionate about.
Three simple steps is all it takes to write your GoodWilll:
- Make an appointment with a solicitor.
- List out your assets (financial and physical) and your liabiliites (debts that you still owe)
- List out your loved ones and consider also including a legacy gift to UNICEF – a gift for any amount is tax free and can help reduce the tax payable on your estate.
At UNICEF, we are also offering our supporters the opportunity to avail of one of our FREE will-writing services, making it so easy to get started.
- LawOnLine – This is where you can write your will in the comfort of your home using LawOnLine’s web-based will writing service.
- Free Wills Network – Choose from one of the participating solicitors who are located near you and are members of the Free Wills Network and will make a straight-forward Will for free.
Leave a lasting legacy
Your Gift for any amount to UNICEF will be a gift which will reflect your values and shine kindness and generosity onto those who need it most – children who will be impacted by violence, hunger and poverty in the world of tomorrow. These are children who will have few of the protections we often take for granted, and your legacy gift will rewrite a child’s future, giving them hope for a brighter future. You will be ensuring that UNICEF can be there in the future to respond to emergencies as they happen and to work to safeguard and protect every child.
If you’d like to read more about MyLegacy month you can visit their website www.mylegacy.ie